Game Options are optional settings for skirmish and multiplayer. In different game modes, some settings might be permanently set to a certain value or enabled/disabled.
List of settings
Set the tech level of this game. Only units and buildings whose tech level is lower than the set value that can be built/trained by the player.
Set the amount of credits each player starts with.
Set the speed of this game.
|Slowest (10 FPS)
||Slower (12 FPS)
||Slow (15 FPS)
||Medium (20 FPS)
||Fast (30 FPS)
||Faster (60 FPS)
List of game options
- Short Game: If enabled, an enemy will be defeated once all of their buildings (including defenses) are destroyed. Otherwise, an enemy will only be defeated once they have no buildings and units left.
- Crates: If enabled, crates will randomly appear on the map.
- Safe Crates Only: If enabled, only crates with positive bonuses will appear on the map. The "Crates" option must also be enabled for this option to have effect.
- Build Off Ally: If enabled, players share their building zones with their allies, so they can build a structure in their ally's base.
- Disable Support Powers: If enabled, players are not allowed to use any support powers in this game.
- Multi Engineer: If enabled, it would now take 3 Engineers or Machinists to steal an enemy building, instead of 1.
- Disable Engineers: If enabled, players are not allowed to build Engineers nor Machinists in this game.
- Start Without Shroud: If enabled, the entire map is revealed at the start.
- Shroud Regrows: If enabled, areas previously explored that do not have a friendly unit in the area will be covered up again with a lighter shade of the black shroud
- Instant Building: If enabled, the speed of building units or structures is increased, and all units and structures have the same build delay.
- Destroyable Bridges: If enabled, bridges can be destroyed with explosive attacks such as artillery or cannons.
- Tiberium Resistant Infantry: If enabled, infantry will not be hurt or affected when walking on Tiberium.
- Capturable Base Defenses: If enabled, Engineers and Machinists are able to capture defense structures such as RPG Towers or cannon batteries.
- Disable Tiberium Lifeforms: If enabled, Tiberium creatures such as visceroids and fiends will not spawn.
- Unlimited Tiberium: If enabled, Tiberium trees (Riparius) will continuously spread Tiberium.
- Enable Base Props: If enabled, building accessories such as light posts and spotlight towers are available.
- Free Radar: If enabled, radar is provided at the start, without building one.
- Enable Ion Storms: If enabled, ion storms may occur randomly, disabling radar, air and hover units, and also causing lightning to strike random sections of the map.